Wednesday 26 September 2012

In Tallin part 1: Tv-tower and the home museum of A. H. Tamsaare

I will give you a fair warning. There will be alot of pictures in this post.

I visited Tallinn with a group called Kartanon Ystävät which basicly is a society to support the Historical Museum of Lahti (It's lovely. If you ever come here check it out). Naturally we visited many museums. On the list for saturday there was Tv-tower which had a big role when Estonia got it's independence and Kumu which is the art museum (which I don't have any pictures of, othervise this post would be not only huge but megalomaniacly huge) and the A. H Tammsaare home museum.

TV-Tower




The TV-tower was in someways a bit creepy but the views were magnificent alhtough personally I would of left the holes in the floor out. They were sort of... Scary  but I mustered up the courage to stand on  one after a while.

After the Tv-tower we went to Kumu which was interesting and very inspiring. So many lovely paintings. I got rather distracted and forgot to take any pictures so you'll have to go see for yourselves.

A.H Tamsaare home museum





 I absolutely fell in love with this room. The old sewing machine, the whiteworked quilt the laces... It was so deliciously femiminine that I just had to take a whole bunch of pictures of it. The museum as a whole had an amazing array of different textiles to offer (not clothes though but pretty much everything else). 


The kitchen was yellow. I liked it very much. It was so fresh.








Lastly a couple of pictures of moi dillidallying in the museum. I was wearing a vintage hat and a vintage shirt with a hand-made skirt and Gabor pumps. 

Next time the Maritime museum. 

Mademoiselle Parapluie

6 comments:

  1. HOLES IN THAT FLOOR

    KSJhdfgauygfJHEjsdnfdjkbalhgaueaSJDFBLAFG

    DX

    (Oooooooh that room is so pretty! Love the table cloth!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The table cloth was so pretty. And the holes were creepy. 170 meters of emptiness. Eep.

      Delete
  2. Estonia is great, I was there on holidays about a month ago. I was really impressed by the KuMu, too! The outfit you wore was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumu was lovely indeed. I hope we would have had more time in there for now we only saw the pre-world war II collection.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  3. oi mitkä maisemat! tuo reikä lattiassa on pelottava :O Mulla ainakin pelottais edes seistä sen vieressä...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maisemat olivat tosiaan upeat, koko Tallinna näkyi. Ja joo ne reiät.. Hrrr

      Delete