Friday 10 July 2015

Lolita blog carnival: What would I like in future prints?

To be completely honest I am super tired of prints and wish there were more interesting cuts, lace, ruffles, embroidery, appliques and epicly nice fabrics but let's still play along.

Less
Less


Less crazy Angelic pretty prints with crazy buying wars. I mean How many chocolate prints is going to be enough? Or cutesy carousel pony prints? These things have been around for years and years and years... Could we move on? Or at least get some new ideas? I did like Milky cross after all. 

Less random clip art prints. Juliette & Justine I am looking at you. I love Juliette & Justine but am so done with randomly placed images over randomly placed images. Even Atelier Pierrot is doing it now. Could we have some sense of design again? Please?

Less of the same old themes unless there is an interesting twist included. No more carousel ponies or endless hordes of teddy bears or crowns upon crowns or piles and piles of chocolate dresses. It seems like some themes just come up again and again and again. 

More


More interesting printing techniques like velvet flocking or metal embossing. As Juliette & Justine so aptly proves these techniques are just as interesting and intricate as colourful drawn prints. 

More prints combined to an interesting cut. I'd love to see more dresses that have something more tha print making them special. Maybe the dress has edwardianesque cut combined to a print of Mucha's art.  

More interesting goth prints. I do love crosses, tomb stones and cathedrals as much as the next girl but could we have something else as well. I'd love a realistic bat print, or print with realistically drawn skulls of different animals, or macabre or somber art prints. There are so many options that have yet to been tried out.

More prints in other items that dresses and skirts. As in the example set the blouse with the printed shoulders is interesting and new. More of this please. 

More abstract prints covering the entire dress. Stripes? Yes please. Geometric patters? Why not? 

To summarize I'd like to see new things tried and less of the same old same old things that  have dominated the lolita print dress for a long long time. New themes, techniques and even garments to make this lovely fashion more interesting than ever.


Lolita blog carnival group: Here

Participants


What would you, my dear reader see in the future of lolita prints? Please share your thoughts in the comments.

Madame Parapluie

PS. I just realized that an absinthe themed print would be totally epic as well. The antique glasses and fountains and spoons would make a perfect gothic print and would add a new theme to lolita. 

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I agree! Seems like we are on the same page with what would be some nice new prints to come out. I think you went into more detail on specifics than I did. But, I am with you girl! Do you know about the new Mucha and Innocent World collaboration coming out? Nothing too fancy but might be worth looking at. Anyways, so nice to meet you! I'm Dezapi by the way, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I've seen the collaboration and was honestly hoping for something a bit more intricate but maybe one day.

      Nice to meet you too.

      Delete
  2. I do love prints so I cannot complain but i did wish buying things was easier for those who are not into bidding wars. That i can relate to. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the bidding wars and getting the newest print battles are getting a bit too ridiculous. I hope it would calm down a bit but maybe I am just getting old. XD

      Delete
  3. I pretty much agree with everything you said! Especially the macabre art prints and realistic animals bit. I'd love an Takato Yamamoto print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google Takato Yamamoto but I am inclined to agree. Lovely artist.

      Delete